April 13, 2012

Inspired Dinner Part 1 (Cheese Toastie)


So I thought up a dinner with most parts inspired by something I saw in a cookbook, or a chef. I don't like to go into the technicalities of things like how big should a pre-dessert be or how big should an amuse be cause at the end of the day, this is just a meal I made at home for family to release some 'creativity'!

I'm splitting this up into parts so I can have a little spiel about how it came about etc. but if that's boring y'all can just look at the picture.

So the 'amuse' is pretty much a toastie.

This is inspired by Heston Blumenthal's 80s Feast. When I think of breakfast I think of a cheese toastie with some mushrooms and tomatoes. It's a little emmental sandwiched between buttered toast. I wrapped it like a little present in filo pastry for extra crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment