May 14, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


What did you make for your mom this past mother’s day?
Raw Sidecar
Rum + Cointreau + lemon juice + crushed ice = Raw Sidecar.



Prawn with Honey Sauce
Chilled prawn, honey scotch lemon sauce.
Saffron Risotto
Most of Mitch Orr’s Saffron Risotto. It's stiff darnit.
Eton Massacre
I’ll aptly name this one the Eton Massacre. This is accompanied by a twice-cooked white chocolate ganache. I figured out from past experience if you scald a ganache, freeze it, then re-heat it, some of the oils and fats start to separate, so you get a sort of nutty a-little-dry chocolate. I also melted down a chocolate cake mix, not out of personal choice, but my mom happens to like cake mix…
Et voilà! That’s what I made for my mom on Mother’s Day. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment